Country: United Kingdom, London
Contact position: Director, Corporate Strategy and Development
Date: June 1st 2020 – July 24th 2020
Our company is a shared dream of making high quality, fashion-forward jewellery at an accessible price point. Since launching, the company has become a regular at London Fashion Week and on the pages of Vogue.
Best worn every day, layered and personalized to your style, our style is easy to wear and relaxed. The jewellery effortlessly flows from day to night – stack up pieces to make a statement of wear individually for delicate elegance. Our designs are known to challenge the traditional ways of wearing jewellery. Bestsellers include their innovative ear cuffs and palm bangles.
The company is based in London but heavily influenced by Scandinavia.
We are the realization of the founders shared interests in fashion and conservation. It creates beautiful, wearable designs with a hidden purpose – to support and protect nature and conservation.
We support the work of The Aspinall Foundation which is an internationally renowned animal conservation charity working to save species from extinction. 5% of all sales will be donated to the foundation. In the charity collection, 25% of sales will be donated to The Aspinall Foundation.
GENERAL/ MARKETING ACTIONS:
- Rearranging, remerchandising & replenishing new stock as it arrived and coordinating store display in line with brand guidelines and strategy
- Recommending brand, visual merchandising and price point strategies and working closely with management to increase sales
- Conducting market research to enhance the presence of the brand including visual marketing and branding
- Maintaining and updating customer databases
- Managing and contributing to the production of marketing materials including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, and e-newsletters
- The intern will also have an insight into the branding of this company and be able to contribute to PR and marketing ideas, including Mood boards/ Trend Boards/ Look Book, etc. and contribute to the overall success of the brand
- Monitoring competitor activity
- Helping with the day-to-day running of the studio
- Assists with financial process mapping to define financial process improvements through the automation and the streamlining of processes
- Ad-hoc request in the analysis of key financial indicators
- Assisting with financial analysis and reporting, including the development of financial reports
The intern will have the opportunity to intern in a start-up retail environment, gaining valuable one-on-one experience and insight to the branding and marketing strategies used within the fashion retail sector.
The intern will develop key competencies and skillsets through;
- Learning to work in a very client–oriented environment, continuing to develop a high level of professionalism
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Development of organizational marketing strategies
- Initiative and efficacy
- Business intelligence
- Time management
- Attention to detail
The methodology of supervision will be:
- Daily follow up and support by the Company Founders.
- Monthly We Find Group Coaching Meetings: one-on-one follow up and coaching meetings between the intern and the We Find Group Coordinator in order to track the evolution of the following competencies:
- Adaptability: the capacity to be flexible adapting to different situations and to accept the changes in a positive and constructive manner.
- Team Spirit: the capacity to work in a team.
- Initiative: the capacity to present and suggest ideas or methods to reach goals.
- Planning: the capacity to define goals and priorities when developing tasks, evaluating time and costs.
- Autonomy: the ability to actively and efficiently do work alone without constant assistance.
- The We Find Group Monthly Coaching Meetings will be used to develop and “Internship Final Report” that will be provided to the intern at the end of the internship and outlines the recommendations for the positive career evolution of the intern.
The objective of the We Find Group Monthly Coaching Meeting will be to ensure that the intern is learning properly and getting high added value from the internship. The We Find Group Coordinator will get first feedback from the Company Founders and then have a one-on-one meeting with the intern to provide feedback about strengths, weaknesses and define an “Internship Improvement Action Plan” that will be implemented during the internship.
During the eight-week internship, the intern will carry out the following Internship activities:
- Active participation in Marketing and marketing and Finance activities
- Active participation in providing general support to the business operations
- Active participation in the process of research briefs and collating findings
- Active participation in the creation and maintenance of schedules and databases
The phases of this internship are as follow:
- Week 1 (from June 1 to June 5) (Welcome the intern to the office and the team and start to train him / her and to give her activities to do, and have the intern understand and assimilate to the Marketing & Finance Internship).
- From week 2 until week 5 (from June 8 to July 3) The intern will be focused to develop in his / her responsibilities as an intern, putting in place their To-Do List. During this phase, the company founders will provide the first feedback to We Find Group, so that We Find Group can assist in further coaching of the intern.
- From week 6 until week 7 (From July 6 to July 17) Improvement of the Intern in the activities and operations of the internship, helping the intern to improve competencies and performance.
- Week 8 (from July 20 to July 24) in this phase We Find Group Supervisor will have the final “Coaching Meeting” with the founders and the intern in order to develop Final Action Plan and Final Feedback.
- START DATE: June 1st, 2020
- END DATE: July 24th, 2020
- HOURS PER WEEK: 25 hours
- I signify that I will put forth my most professional self during all communication with my selected company before, during, and after the interview & internship.
- I understand that my tasks will adapt as the business changes closer to my start date. The employer will do their best to remain in adherence to the training plan, but my internship will be tailored to the company’s needs during my internship.
- I agree to research the company thoroughly before my interview. I will understand their work to the best of my ability & will practice interview questions before my Skype or phone call.
- I will be available and ready at the time of my scheduled interview.
- I understand that the employer has the option not to extend me an offer for their position. In this case, I will be sent an additional opportunity through The Online Internship.
- I have my own laptop.
- You will be prompted for a Pre Interview Preparation Meeting with a WFG team member in the next 24 hours.
- The Global Internship arranges an interview with your chosen company
- Prepare for your interview with the chosen company (your foot is in the door, but the company still has to give you the offer!)
- Receive the offer! (should they decline, you will be sent a new internship opportunity)
- Relax and prepare for your internship in Madrid!
*Please understand that if you present yourself unprofessionally to a company or fail to show up for a scheduled interview, you will not be sent another option. You will be placed in whichever internship is willing to accept your profile.